So this is my first post ever. And as I write/type this, my buddy Pedro is on the computer next to me, revising his English paper. Oh the life of a college student, I love it! And I especially love it now, since this semester is ending! Only 3 more days of classes. This semester has been the most difficult for me. 17 hours of classes plus 36-40 hours of work every week. Then I had to add the whole moving thing. Oh boy! But I am very happy. Just one week until the ole BDAY! exciting.
Well I did not open this blog to write about myself, although I inevitably will. I started it mainly to write about current news, or interesting facts. I was mainly inspired by my Biology professor, Communications Instructor, and myself. I was inspired by my two teachers because if there is one thing they taught me this semester, it is to ask questions and seek answers. I was inspired by myself because I am young and dumb. Not in a bad way. I do not think I'm an idiot but I feel like I could learn so much more, and in turn do so much more. My goal for this summer is to read as much as I can; to read about anything and everything. To learn. And hopefully others will be inspired to do the same. Instead of spending so much time on myspace and facebook, I will attempt to cut down on that myspaceing time and facebooking time, and instead watch the news or google interesting facts.
For example,
I'm pretty sure everyone I know, and most people in the U.S. know what a portable potty is. Well, there's that blue stuff in them. And i know it's used for sanitary reasons but, what is that blue stuff made out of? I'm talking about the blue liquid in portapotty toilet bowls. Its actually comical how I started thinking about this. I was watching Fast and the Furious:Tokyo Drift yesterday. And if you've seen the movie, at the beginning, when they are racing in a housing construction zone, the main character runs over a portapotty and the blue liquid starts flying everywhere. Well at this very moment I am looking it up.
So far, what I keep finding is that the "blue stuff" is made of disinfectants and deodorizers. Duh!
But which ones. Wikipedia, which I don't trust, says some use formaldehyde(which is bad) and that in the U.S. and Australia the toilets are called "chemical toilets". Apparently the blue stuff has a name for it. ANOTEC . The ingredients are used to deodorize of course, but also break down waste into sludge.
And this link is perfect. http://www.anotec.com.au/blue.html
And they have free samples!
Now apparently they don't use formaldehyde. Oh Goodie!
Well that's enough for me about that blue stuff. It would be interesting to learn about toilets on boats though. But the toilet talk has made me nauseus AND. I have to go to class
til next time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment